I’m back! When I started art school last year, I never anticipated me being that busy. After a very long and unintentional break, however, it’s time to begin again. So here’s a recipe for Rice and Goat Cheese stuffed Bell Peppers that’s been in my queue for a while. Dutch Goat Cheese company Bettine sent me this beautiful package with all kinds of goat cheese. That was something I could work with!
The only thing left for me to do was pick a kind of goat cheese. Bettine has a big assortment of goat cheese. From spread in different flavours, to salad balls, soft goat cheese slices and goat cheese logs. It was truly a feast to try it all.
For this recipe I chose the log, which still had the skin on. These stuffed bell peppers are so easy to make. You can fill them with all kinds of tasty goods, but this time we’re going for a rice and vegetable combo with a topping of goat cheese. Tasty as a side dish, entrée or even a main dish.
Recipe edited from here.
- 1 Red and 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 50g/1,7 oz grown rice
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 courgette, in cubes
- A few sundried tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed and finely sliced.
- 100g/3,5 oz goat cheese, crust removed and sliced into cubes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400F. Cook the rice according to the package and drain.
- Cut the bell peppers in half from top to bottom. Discard the seeds and place the bell peppers on a baking tray, open side up. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and cook the onions and the courgette for 5-10 minutes or until browned and soft.
- Add the garlic, sundried tomatoes, cumin and coriander.and fry for about a minute or two, while stirring regularly.
- Add the mixture to the rice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fill the bell peppers with the mixture and sprinkle over the cubes of goat cheese. Return the bell peppers to the over for another 10 minutes.
- Remove them from the over and enjoy!
Can’t get enough of goat cheese or looking for a sweet recipe? Check out these delicious Honey and Goat cheese tartlets. Made from soft goat cheese.
Are you a fan of goat cheese or do you have a great recipe for this delicious cheese? Let me know in the comments!