About a week ago I came in contact with another Dutch foodblogger; Annemieke from ‘Een beetje chef‘ (which roughly translates into ‘a little bit of a chef’.) She came up with a challenge so us foodbloggers could get to know each other a little better. It’s called the Crazy Cooking Challenge. The rules of the game are like this:
The basic idea of the challenge is: you think of three ingredients that don’t go together and your challenge partner will do the same. You will switch ingredients and then try and cook something delicious made with those ingredients. You can add up to 5 extra ingredients to make it extra delicious.
I gave Annemieke these ingredients:
Red Chili – Hazelnuts – Heavy Cream (She made a chocolate dessert (link in Dutch))
Annemieke gave me the following ingredients:
Chicken – Coca Cola – Pasta
What I made with these ingredients? Coca cola chicken with noodles. A simple yet surprisingly delicious dish that secretly doesn’t really taste like coca cola. It’s just a little sweet. Curious for the recipe? Check it out below.
- 500 g of chicken thighs (no skin and no bones), cut into cubes
- 2 tbsps corn flour
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- 4 tbsps soy sauce
- 1 red chili, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 5cm piece of ginger, finely chopped or grated
- 385ml Coca Cola
- Noodles (Quantity according to your own preference)
- 1 tsp corn flour + 1 tbsp water to make a slurry.
- Coriander leaves
- Unsalted, roasted cashews
- Extra chili for garnish
- Add the chicken, corn flour and soy sauce to a bowl. Combine well and then let it marinade in the fridge for about 2 hours.
- Heat some oil in a large frying pan. Add the chili, garlic, ginger. Let this fry for about 1 minute and then add the chicken.
- When the chicken has browned on all sides, add the Coca Cola. Bring it to a boil and let it simmer for about 15 minutes. Then bring up the heat, add the cornflour slurry while stirring well and let the sauce thicken.
- Cook the noodles according to the package and serve alongside the chicken. Sprinkle over some coriander leaves, cashewnuts and extra chili if you want.
Follow me at: Facebook, Instagram, Bloglovin’ en Pinterest!
Want to join the Crazy Cooking Challenge? Let me know in the comments!